Monday, October 6, 2008

Everything In Half

Bento  10/06/08

Top: Half of a kiwi, two halves of a boiled egg with basil leaves and red bell pepper hearts, almonds for filler. Bottom: Half of a small tomato with some aparagus tips, steamed yellow squash with fresh ground black pepper, and some basil leaves for garnish.

This is my first bento lunch in more than two weeks! I have no good excuses. This is one of my NEW bento boxes that I won by coming in second place at the bento photo contest over at Not Exactly Bento! This bento box is really nice, with simple, light green inner and outer lids. I'll try to snap a better photo of my winnings sometime soon.

4 Comments:

At October 6, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Blogger BlueFrogJ said...

I'm glad to see they got there in good time, and that they are being put to such lovely use.

Congrats again. :)

 
At October 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Do these stack up? Do you need a strap for them? I'm curious, as I've been getting an itch to expand my bento collection.

 
At October 6, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Blogger Leslee said...

Alex -- the tiers do stack! And you do need a strap to hold it all together. This box is the type where the smaller tier goes on the bottom. I found an example on Flickr -- this is the same type of box, just a different color. (This is not my photo.) There are lids for both tiers. Here is another type of box where the bigger tier goes on the bottom. (This is my photo!) The really great thing about these boxes is--when empty--the smaller tier nests inside the larger tier for easy storage.

 
At October 7, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Blogger Jags said...

Congrats on winning! I entered but yours were so much cuter :)
I have the pink verson of this one too. Its a bit smaller than standard boxes but not by much

The colors and shapes are very pretty in this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home