Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Potato Momos

Bento  04/01/08

Top: Strawberries from our freezer stash, salad with cheese flowers. Bottom: Three homemade potato momos.

Adding frozen strawberries in my lunch was an experiment, which I won't be doing again! The strawberries thawed into a watery, mushy mess. Luckily the paper cupcake wrapper held all the liquid, so my salad didn't get soggy. I didn't expect the strawberries to taste like fresh or anything, I just didn't realize they would deteriorate that much. From now on I'll stick to putting frozen strawberries in icecream and and frozen drinks! (And making strawberry syrup, yum.)

The momos were good. The filling is similar to a samosa, but the wrapper is a gyoza wrapper.

2 Comments:

At April 2, 2008 at 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this bento on Flickr.It's so nice ^_^

 
At April 5, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Blogger Leslee said...

Thanks, rumiko!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home