Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Help From the Freezer

Bento #1  03/11/08

For my husband. Left: Pesto tortellini from Trader Joe's. Meatballs from the freezer (storebought). Tabasco sauce in the fish and spaghetti sauce in the bottle. Right Top: Blanched asparagus with some carrot flowers. Salad dressing in the fish. Right Bottom: Blueberry breakfast bar from Trader Joe's, cut into pieces. Two homemade pumpkin mini muffins.

Bento #2  03/11/08

For me. Bottom Tier: Boiled egg, blanched asparagus. Pesto tortellini from Trader Joe's. Top Tier: Bottle of salad dressing to pour over everything in the bottom tier. Babybel cheese, carrot scraps, Trader Joe's blueberry breakfast bar, and two homemade pumpkin muffins.

The meatballs were from a bag in the freezer and all I have to do is microwave them for about 30 seconds. I recently individually quick froze the tortellini from Trader Joes, so they too can be cooked up by the handful. They go in boiling water for about 6 minutes. I ran cold water over the tortellini when done so they would be cool enough to put in the bento. The pumpkin muffins are fresh, but I individually froze the rest of the batch, so they should make easy sweet treats for future bentos.

The blueberry breakfast bar is last minute filler for both bentos because I ran out of time to think of anything better. Not that the bar isn't delish! It just seems a little overkill with the muffins. (Of course I ate them both anyway!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home