Monday, March 3, 2008

Bento Supplies Organization

Over at LunchInABox.net, Biggie asked readers to share their methods of organizing bento gear. I don't have a ton of bento supplies, but there's enough that I felt the need to organize them about a year ago. I keep the small stuff in a set of Sterilite drawers...

Bento Supplies

Bento Supplies

1st Drawer: Sauce containers and plastic picks. 2nd Drawer: Mini cookie cutters. 3rd Drawer: Paper punches (got them on sale for $1 each at Michael's), two onigiri molds and a tulip hot dog cutter (haven't used the cutter yet).

My bento boxes are in a easy-to-reach lower cabinet with a glass door.

Bento Boxes in Cabinet

Bento Boxes

There are my beloved Lock & Lock containers, on top of a red Lunch&Go box. I've used the Lunch&Go a couple of times, but it's a little too big and deep for regular bentos. I've got three Japanese boxes (yay Totoro!). I've also stored some leftover sauce containers from Baja Fresh and Quizno's. Under those sauce containers is a sandwich box that I purchased at Target last year for $1. It's still in plastic, never used! It's small, but it might be good for a snack bento.

Thanks to Biggie for suggesting this post! Check out her blog for speedy bento tips and more!

9 Comments:

At March 3, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Blogger Biggie @ Lunch in a Box said...

Thanks for your entry in my bento gear organization event/contest! Details are here in case anyone else would like to enter: http://thislittlebento.blogspot.com/2008/03/bento-supplies-organization.html

 
At March 3, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Blogger Leslee said...

Here is the link to Biggie's bento gear blog event: http://lunchinabox.net/2008/02/28/blog-event-organizing-your-lunch-gear/

 
At March 3, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Blogger Biggie @ Lunch in a Box said...

D'oh! I gave the wrong link, sorry.

 
At March 4, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Brilliant! I should find something like that, especially for the cookie cutters which are spilling EVERYWHERE.

Did you see the ikea containers she uses on justbento.com as bento boxes? They look really nice, I think you would like them (and I think they're just a few dollars!)

 
At March 4, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Blogger Leslee said...

Sarah, thanks so much for pointing me toward justbento.com. This was the first day I visited it, and I already love it! I just cleaned up my favorite blog links and added that site. I've also slowly been going through Biggie's extensive bento links here: http://lunchinabox.net/links/ There are so many bento blogs and sites to explore!

 
At March 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Lock & Lock containers too, I use them every day!

 
At March 13, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Blogger Leslee said...

Hi Dave -- I am a fan of your bentos and your blog! Yes, my cute little Japanese bento boxes have been sadly neglected since I started using Lock & Lock. The L&Ls are just so darn practical, I keep returning to them.

 
At March 23, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Blogger a.J. ("( 'o', ) said...

nice storage unit!!!1

 
At September 9, 2010 at 4:02 AM, Blogger FromJapanWithLove said...

I love to have that space for my bento supplies!!

http://from-japan-with-love.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home