Friday, March 16, 2007

Turkey and Cheese Can Be Cute

Bento 03/16/07

Top Left: Red delicious and gala apples.
Bottom Left: Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, and turkey deli slices on skewers. I spread a little mustard on each turkey slice before folding it up.
Right: Two inarizushi with spinach mixed into the rice. Four shrimp shuimai dumplings (storebought) with carrot garnish on a bed of sauteed asparagus.

I made this for my fiance. I managed to add two more turkey & cheese skewers after the photo -- they were a bit squashed under the lid, but it did close! (This is our Lock & Lock container with two of the inner containers removed.)

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2007 at 10:00 AM, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Just found your blog and I love it! I just got a laptop lunch box and you have given me so many ideas! I hope you update soon!!

 
At April 10, 2007 at 9:06 PM, Blogger Leslee said...

Thanks, Princess! I haven't made a bento in a while because I've been spending my energy on planning my wedding. :) Plus we have some house renovations going on...just lots going on! I've been sleeping in as late as possible every morning...anyway, in the meantime you should check out the great bento group on Flickr if you haven't already: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bentoboxes/pool/

I LOVE this bento photo pool -- the people are friendly and so creative and trade great ideas! It's fun to browse through the photos. A lot of the folks use the laptop lunchbox, too. You could definitely get ideas from there. You can post your photos, too -- I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

You've inspired me to get back to bentoing sooner than later...I'll try to fit one in this week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home