Thursday, February 8, 2007

A Little Of Everything

A Little Of Everything


Another bento for Sheu. We had a lot of leftovers, so I wanted to see how much variety I could get in the box. Click photo for more info.

Top: Three shrimp shiumai dumplings (storebought), one piece brocolli, tofu fish sticks, beef stir fry, haricot verts & carrots, zesty lemon chicken.

Bottom: Quick cabbage pickle, carrots, boiled egg, clementine sections, kiwi, and pineapple hiding under the other fruit.

The beef and chicken are leftovers from dinners that Sheu made. This was the first time I tried making "Quick Cabbage Pickle" from the Bento Boxes cookbook. Basically you mix cabbage with a lot of salt, let it sit for a few minutes, then squeeze the water out. It's pretty salty tasting--I'm not sure I'll make it again.

The tofu fish sticks recipe is from Vegan Lunch Box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home