Saturday, February 3, 2007

Two Bento Day
Friday I made a bento for my boyfriend:



Left: Clementine sections, kiwi flowers, mango chunks, and strawberries.

Right: Two spinach inirizushi with red bell pepper on top, two shrimp shiumai dumplings with carrot stars on top, boiled egg with inlaid carrot star, green leaf lettuce.

The shrimp dumplings are from a frozen package we got at Lotte. They are really tiny! I tried to microwave two of them following the package directions at 3 minutes. They burned to a black and brown crisp! I guess the direction are for doing all 16 at once. I did two more at 1 1/2 minutes and they turned out alright.

After that I was a bit rushed with my own bento:



Left: Mango, kiwi, strawberries, clementine.

Right: Three homemade veggie patties, boiled egg with inlaid carrot flower, lettuce and cucumbers, spinach rice (left over from Sheu's inarizushi) and carrot garnish. Not pictured: A-1 sauce for the patties.

The veggie patties are a recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook. Here's my earlier post about them. They turned out to be a great freezer item! I froze them on cookie sheets then put them in a freezer bag. For the bento, I just popped three of them straight from the freezer into the microwave for 30 seconds, and they were ready to go! They are yummy with A-1 sauce.

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2007 at 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! You are very talented and obviously love your Fiance very much....and don't have any kid's yet! :)
Enjoy while you still have the time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home