Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not Exactly Bento Photo Entry

Check out the photo contest going on at Not Exactly Bento! Here are my entries! Luckily we can enter photos of older bentos. These are two old favorites of mine:

Bento #1  03/26/08

This one was from March 2008. I made it for my husband. Left: Shrimp with cocktail sauce, broccoli, animal skewers with pepperoni and cheddar. Right: Cheese crackers, more broccoli, strawberries, and two fish full of mustard.

Bento 03/07/07

This one was from March 2007. I made this one for me, thus it is vegetarian. Top Left: Cheese and hummus sandwich, carrot flower and lettuce garnish. Top Right: Clementine segments and strawberries. Bottom Left: Leftovers -- Asparagus sauteed with garlic, zucchini baked with parmesan cheese. There is a pepperoncini between the two. Bottom Right: Boiled egg and carrot slices with lettuce garnish.

3 Comments:

At August 28, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Blogger LadyT said...

Both of your Bento's are so pretty yet look so simple. I especially love how you arranged the sandwich. Nice job.

 
At September 10, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Blogger DG said...

I just chanced upon your blog. You make beautiful bentos! Very inspiring! The carrot flower looks big but I have never seen such a big carrot before. How do you get the mustard into the fish bottle?

 
At September 12, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Blogger Leslee said...

Hi domestic goddess! I get that question a lot about the fish bottles. I started a FAQ page so you can see the answer there! As for the carrot, sometimes I find these huge carrots in the Korean grocery store -- they are literally 3" or more wide at the top. You can also cut carrots at an angle to get more surface area to the slice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home