Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jungle vs. Desert

Bento  02/15/10

This was the first bento I've made since before our son was born last December! I made it for my husband. The colors are so drab on the right side, I think it (unintentionally) looks like a jungle landscape on the left and a desert landscape on the right.

Left Side: Skewered olives, cheese and sausage with carrot sticks and mustard on the side. Right Top: Homemade apple cake with an apple heart on top. Right Bottom: Hummus with small tortilla rolls.

3 Comments:

At February 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! Very nice colors and contrast :D and lots of cute animals~

 
At February 21, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Blogger Audronasha The Countess said...

It looks wonderfull :D

 
At March 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Blogger Jones said...

Dear Leslee,

Apologies for posting this in your comments, but I could not seem to find a contact email.

I’ve been admiring your bento website and am amazed at your playful, healthy bentos.

I thought you might be interested in a fun bento designing contest that we are hosting at Japan Society, a non-profit cultural organization based in New York City. We’ve organized a day-long open house event with a food theme called j-CATION: Taste Japan and one of the activities is a virtual bento box battle. (It’s “virtual” since you don’t have to live in NYC or attend the event to enter.)

All the details and guidelines are here: http://www.japansociety.org/j-cation_info#virtual_bento_box_battle

I hope you -- or perhaps other bento fans who follow your work -- will enter. The prizes are pretty great (Panasonic rice cooker and hot water pot, Canon printers, MUJI bento boxes) and all the photo entries will be shown at j-CATION on April 10 in NYC.

Please let me know if you have any questions – I know the deadline is soon but I hope you’ll consider taking on the challenge!

Best regards,

Christy Jones
Special Events/Japan Society
cjones (at) japansociety (dot) org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home